International students in Australia require approval from Minister of Home Affairs to change study courses


A new ruling has declared that international students holding a subclass 500 student visa must obtain approval from the Minister for Home Affairs (currently Clare O’Neil) to change their study courses. Student visas can also be cancelled if there is reasonable cause that holders may transfer crucial technologies. These rulings will come into effect for visas issued after July 1. 


Int’l students in Australia cannot change courses under new ruling (